Friday, June 8, 2007

The results of my experiment!





These cards represent my second and third attempt at the "gamsol/Prismacolor pencil" technique. I'm moderately happy with the way they came out though clearly there's a learning curve involved.

Of course, my first attempt is my favorite, but the sloppily stamped image prevented me from doing anything with it.

If any of you reading this (if anyone is actually doing so) and you have tips, bring 'em on. I can use all the help I can get! (so true in so many ways *grin*)

I did find good information on this technique here!

Anyway, all stamps are by justjohanna (who is holding a sketch contest where you can win stamps!) The images were stamped with Palette ink, the birds and sentiments were stamped with Onyx VersaFine (which I love... if I were ink, I'd marry it! *snicker*). The birds were colored with Prismacolor markers, which are fun and smell good too (yes, I'm weird that way).

The magenta/brown card uses patterned paper from Maisy Mo Designs. The orange/yellow card uses Silly from Basic Grey.

I won't be playing with gamsol today because it's 90° and I'm keeping my craftroom window firmly closed.

Let me know what you think of these and again, any helpful advice is welcomed!

3 comments:

  1. They look good, Kathi! I too colored two of these last night. I'll post them on my blog soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty and tks for sharing the website.
    I never use gamsol... I think, it's time now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards. Happy Birthday to dad! And thanks for reminding me that chalk exists!!!!

    ReplyDelete