Friday, August 31, 2007

Shock! Another post. I'm on a roll!




Anyways, here are two more cards using justjohanna's stamps.

"Best Fishes" uses loads of blue, which is my favorite color! Wednesday Stamper's challenge this week is "blue". So yay! This qualifies!!

I love this little fish. Michelle's just sooo darned cute! The minute I saw her, I knew that eventually I'd be making this card. Michelle is colored with Prismacolor markers. I do love that they usually produce translucent, streak-free results. I chalked around the fish and then punched 'em out as circles. Looking at the scan, I seem to have forgotten the fishes' air bubbles. The patterned paper is by Flair Designs -- one of my favorite companies. The little crabs are punchies.

If you've been here before, you know how much I love and use the Intertwined Kitties stamp. Like my cats, this pair is very naughty and likes to catnap together, dreaming of their next meal. Poor Sylvie. I masked the cat image and the negative space of a scalloped oval punch, then inked the background (sky & grass) with Brilliance ink. The images were unmasked and colored with chalk (kitties) and Prismacolor marker (Sylvie). I added the the "thought dots" and "thought bubble" outline. Then I trotted out some exceedingly old typewriter epoxy stickers, plus some not-quite-as-old K&Company word stickers. And there you have it. Oh. Did you notice? No patterned paper! Wow!

Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

  1. Okay am I the only one who is gonna notice the Dr. Suess thing going on? One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish?
    Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no....I want to save Sylvie!
    Glad it is only kitten's day dream, so Sylvie is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are great! Love to use the kitty stamp too! I really like how you used the bubble stamp on the kitties card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - glad someone pointed out the Dr Suess! And with all my kids - you think I would have gotten that. Great cards - those cats are naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both great, love those cats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are superb. I adore the cats but those fish they just make me smile, they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHH WOW, your cards are beautiful!!

    xxxMarieke

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both your cards! the cat one just really cracks me up - so clever and that is what my two kitties would be thinking! cute!

    ReplyDelete