Monday, September 10, 2007

Out of my box -- part 1


Hmm. This card is out of my box style wise and I'm not sure if I like it. It's my first Gothic Arch challenge.

The moon image (Stampin' Up) and Owlfred by justjohanna were stamped on the arch, masked, and the background was inked with VersaMagic and two Brilliance colors. I then stamped Michelle's Big Scroll by justjohanna in silver Brilliance. I unmasked the images and colored them with Twinklin H20s, which isn't showing ell on the scan. I hand stitched the swing, then added plain Twinkle stickers for the swing's seat, and star-shaped Twinkle stickers randomly around. I added "moonbeam swinging" using epoxy stickers, but am not thrilled that they're so yellow. Cuttlebugged some silver vellum, mounted it, and called it done.

But, it's done and done is good. It'll make a cute card for someone some time.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Love your moon arch. The little owl on it's swing is just to cute :)

    Thanks for your nice comment at my blog. I love those Art Deco windows too, they always come in handy as page elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stitched swing is marvelous!! You are so creative ! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete