Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bombshell Hump Day Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Bombshell Hump Day Blog Hop! The Bombshell Stamps Design Team Members are bringing you a fabulous hop each and every Wednesday! View rockin' projects at each stop along the way and leave comments to win a fab prize.

Here's how it works:
Start at any of the Design Team Members' Blogs and take a peek at their Hump Day project. Leave a comment and tell them what you think about it! Then follow the links to the other DT member blogs and leave them comments. The more comments you make, the more entries you will have to win a great prize from Bombshell Stamps at the end of the month!

This week all of our projects are based on Ms. September's Challenge. Ms. September is Sarah K and she challenged us to make a project inspired by a movie.

Here's mine! What movie do you think it represents?


I used the Bombshell Pin-up from the Bombshell Angel set for my focal image. I also used the Spider Web and the Black Widow Spider from the Tattoo Backgrounds set.

The Pin-up was colored with Copic Markers with a touch of Spica Pen on the flower in her hair. The belt and shoes were colored with Glaze pens to make 'em look like Patent Leather. The background was chalked with grey chalk, then I stamped the Spider Webs with VersaMark and heat embossed white embossing powder.

The sentiment was computer generated, chalked, and I stamped the Black Widow Spider and colored her with red Copic and Spica pen.

The film strip background is a very, very old transparency that I've been hoarding for the perfect occasion. The background was Cuttlebugged with a spider web folder and sanded to show the white.

Now that you've seen my take on the challenge, add your comment, and then hop on over to the other Bombshell DT Member blogs and comment on those for more chances to win a fabulous prize.

Here's the blog list to make things easier for you!


Sarah K

Glittery Katie

Kas

Angela

Terra

Miss Magoo

Nichole

Stephanie

Mary G



Feel free to take this challenge and then share your creation on the New Bombshell Forum and at The Bombshell Forum at Paper Crafts Planet.

Don't forget to join us again next week!

Thanks for visiting!

50 comments:

  1. Very cool!! Great coloring and love the spider! I have a few ideas for what movie it could be but I am not completely sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a neat card. Gives me a lot of ideas, which I appreciate. The Cuttlebugged background and the touches of orange are just perfect!
    DianeL
    loyaz1@wbhsi.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess would be "The Adams Family". That Mortica LOVES her black clothes!!

    Love the film transparency!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going with Black Widow for the movie. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking Elvira before I saw these other great guesses! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic job and wonderful coloring.

    You've got me stumped on which movie but she reminds me of Elvira.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, I think the movie is the Black Widow. Very cute card, love the spiderweb background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How Amazing! I LOVE it!!! I love the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! She reminds me of Elvira too...and not only because that's my DD's name...lol... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to guess The Black Widow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way cool card! At first I thought of Morticia Addams, and then I saw the possibility of Elvira.
    Either way, cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card - I'm stumped as for which movie you gained inspiration from but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! Love the use of webs throughout your layered backgrounds.

    Pat

    plsakron at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spectacular background Kathi!! Makes the lady shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My first guess was Elvira but I couldn't remember if that was a Movie or a TV show ... second guess... snapping fingers THE ADAMS FAMILY ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My first guess was The Black Widow too, but I think there are some other really good suggestions on here. I LOVE the raised webs in the background, and she looks completely wicked! Just got the tattoo background set, now you've inspired me! Thanks for sharing such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soooo Cool!love how you did your spiderwebs,I would say cat woman just because of the outfit. anyhoo? very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgeous! i love you backrounds and the colors...What an incredible job!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Return of the Spider Woman, Black Dahlia, The Black Widow are all good choices. Love the card.
    Ad K.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, "Kiss of the Spider Woman" comes to mind. Very spooky, sexy and retro!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the card. I'm thinking the black widow bc of the spider. love your coloring. thanks for the inspration.

    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow stunning card and i think catwoman fantastic colours.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. very nice! is the movie black widow?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was thinking Bond, then I see spiderwebs, so I say SpiderMan!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Not sure what the movie is; wish I looked that hot in all black!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this card! The cuttlebugged background is amazing! I was thinking Grease because of the all in one suit but then I saw the other Addams family and Elvira etc guesses so now I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the card. I am "new" to bombshell stamps, and currently done't have any (yet). Love the "edgy" style!!! Very different/eclectic. I am thinking that your card depicts Black Widow as well...would be a great halloween card for an adult!!! Love the blog candy, and would be so jazzed to win it!!! Hisses, Rockin Robin Caldwell

    ReplyDelete
  28. I luv all the bling!!! Makes me think of Elvira (?)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Look out Elvira!! Oh so Cool

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your card and the detail. If I had to guess a movie, I'd say The Adams Family.......Morticia Adams is your gal!

    neesey2008@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm thinking of The Black Widow" with I think Lana Turner. I love those old movies. Love your card too. I just found his site and booked it as a favorite.
    Melodye@columbus.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the jumpsuit...makes me wonder if I should try making a pinup catwoman...meow!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi...new here too but luvvvvvv the stamps and your post...my guess would be spider woman, cat woman ..super heroish...luv it! Keep em coming...for sure winning woudl be great as I do not yet have any of these stamps...ty for a chance. Cher
    hilly77@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is an awesome card. Sounds like you put alot of work into it and it shows! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  35. So many movies to choose from . . . huuuummm, since the web is in the background, I'm going to go with Spiderwoman *smiles*

    Would soooo love to whine , . . I mean WIN *hee hee*

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, first i thought she is Gilda, but the hair isn't red, s0 i say Vampira, do you remember;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  37. Freaking fantastic card Kathi! Totally put a smile on my face as I started the hop with your blog ;) You crafty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  38. She is one hot mama!!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  39. OOOh she's great! My first thought was "Black Widow". How fun this is! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is a great card. I didn't scroll down all the way and just saw the image. It reminded me of something classic with Audrey Hepburn, then I saw the sentiment and spider webs and am totally stumped. I think you did a great job with her though.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love what you did there it was hard to figer movies out I thought of Debbie does Dallas but I thought that was going to far :)Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  42. Really cool card! Like the stamps you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Absolutely one of my favorite ones :)
    You are o true artist!

    ReplyDelete