Sunday, November 8, 2009

Great time at Stamping Around PA!

The Stamping Around PA retreat was a total blast! I learned a lot, met some great new people, and finally met a few cyber-pals.

I taught a crayon resist Post-It notebook and card class to more than 40 people using the wonderful Love & Luck set by Bombshell Stamps! I was frankly terrified to teach such a large group, but put on my "game-face" and went for it!

It was such fun to introduce Bombshell Stamps to new people and to teach them a fun and versatile technique! The ladies seemed to enjoy both the technique and the stamps.

A gazillion thanks to Shannon, our head Bombshell, who graciously donated six sets of Love & Luck to use for the class and as prizes. She also donated either 12 or 16 (bad memory) Handmade By stamps for door prizes too!

I'd like to congratulate and thank both Kim and Julie for organizing and running such a wonderful retreat.

Heartfelt thanks to eclectic Paperie and Gina K Designs for donating glossy paper, yummy Basic Grey patterned paper, and luscious black 120 lb. cardstock to use for my class!

I'd also like to give a shout-out and thank you to the other talented ladies who taught great classes. They are Julie, Korin, Becky, Charmaine, and Tammy. I loved the products and projects. Even better, they've inadvertently added to my "wish" list for the upcoming holidays. I've been nice this year, right? *wink*

I'd also like to thank my tablemate, Beth, who assisted me with the last project. By that time, my brain (such as it is) was fried.

It was a particular pleasure to meet Belinda, who I had only met online. She's as sweet as she is talented, and boy-oh-boy is she super-talented!

I would post photos of the event, but alas, my P&S camera is missing and I couldn't bring my slr because the lens cap is lost somewhere in the house. *sigh*

All in all, it was a terrific experience and such fun to be in a room filled with such an amazing and friendly group of obsessed stampers!

Hee! I've edited to add a photo of my project samples! Such fun to see how the ladies tweaked the design to make their projects their own!

My samples:




Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Kathi, thanks for the sweet mention on your blog, I loved meeting you and can put a face with the wonderful Bombshell stamps now!!! I truely enjoyed your class, you did a great job by the way, and my hubby will be thrilled with the card we made. Tomorrow is our 25th anniversary!!! Can't believe that.
    I don't have a blog yet, don't have the time or brain power for it yet. lol. beth-table mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi - Thank you so much for teaching at the event!! Everyone said they enjoyed learning the technique and you did a wonderful job instructing the class!! It was also so nice to finally meet you in person, such a treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kathi!

    It was totally great to meet you and even though we learned that I am not so talented at really putting down the wax, I loved learning about the new technique! And I couldn't tell that you were terrified! I think you did an AWESOME job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice projects. Congratulations on getting through it--LOL. Sounds like you were a little nervous. You're a hoot so I'm sure your humour went well with your projects ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects Kathi! I can imagine how fantastic the retreat must have been, I bet you laughed a lot too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! You are welcome in regards to the glossy paper :)

    ReplyDelete