Friday, August 6, 2010

How Tweet!

Last Friday I tweeted myself to a mental health day at a paper crafting convention in Valley Forge, PA. I was supposed to meet Laura, an OBP team-mate, and Teri, a fellow Pink Lady from Scraptalk. Both OBP and Scraptalk are now defunct. Ah well.

Anyways, I followed the directions downloaded from the convention center's website. They were wrong and I got lost in the Pinelands, then took the local route back north to Philadelphia. I also got the thrill of going through center city Phillie. Woo-hoo! Not.

A trip that should have taken 1.5 hours took 3.5 hours and I missed Laura, but at least I got to shop the convention and crash Teri's class to see her for a bit.

I didn't spend all of my cash, which was a very good thing, but I got some über-cute Technique Tuesdays stamps, including a three sets from their Little Treasures Sets. They're $2.99 per set and are a steal of a deal!

Here's my first card using the Home Tweet Home set.



I used Memento ink to stamp everything including the tree branches and leaves. Copic markers were used to color the birdhouse, the bird, and the sky. Nestabilities were used to diecut the Memory Box patterned papers. It didn't come out quite the way I envisioned and I'm not totally thrilled with it, but it's done and done is good!

Thanks for visiting today!

5 comments:

  1. this is BEAUTIFUL!!! so elegant!

    absolutely love it!!!

    crafty hugs!
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get this set, now I wish I had!

    So sorry we didn't meet up. We should plan something at a 1/2 way point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun time! :) Well, aside from the getting lost! And this is such a fun set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Kathi and I love the design!

    Too bad you got lost, but at least you got to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, this is gorgeous! How ingenious to reverse the Nestie and create frames. I love that and may have to steal it. Pure brilliance!

    ReplyDelete