Friday, February 18, 2011

Case-ing Char/Willow Challenge!

Charlene, aka Willow, was a Splitcoast Stampers Featured Stamper. We were challenged to choose a card by her and case it.

Here's hers:


Here's mine:


I kept:
• the music theme.
• overstamped the butterfly from the Wingin' It set by Technique Tuesday.
• layered the same way she did.
• used a Nestabilities frame.

I changed:
• Used music patterned paper by 7 Gypsies, stamped the butterfly on it, then colored it.
• Used a butterfly stamp rather than a heart (see above - :D)
• Used gems to connect stamped image to the outside of the Nestabilities frame.
• Used a different sentiment from a different TT set.

I really loved the effect of stamping and coloring on patterned paper. I will most definitely do it again using the gazillion butterfly stamps I have. I think flowers and some other open line images would work as well.

Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments:

  1. what a pretty card. What did you use to color your butterfly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Kathy - I've been playing with stamping and colouring on patterned paper lately too. I'm loving the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! Your card is absolutely beautimus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Kathi! The butterfly is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! Love the use of the negative space and the butterfly over the music bg!

    ReplyDelete