Monday, February 28, 2011

Two more VSN challenge cards!

This challenge was to use a bird stamp. My only problem was choosing a bird stamp since I have a LOT of bird stamps, especially if you include my penguin collection. A LOT. Like flocks and clutches and murders of bird stamps. :D

Anyway, this is probably in the top five fastest cards I've ever made. Grab a piece of scrap patterned cardstock (Basic Grey). Stamp the image. Stamp the sentiment. Cut the piece to size. Edge with ink. Slap it onto a premade card. EASY. Gotta love easy. My husband did. That's why he married me. *snort* The stamp is one of the fantastic birds from Technique Tuesday's Aviary set, which is a "must have" if you have a bird stamp collection. Which I do.

Here it is!


This challenge was to emboss on vellum. You could dry emboss or heat emboss. Being an overachiever, I did both. :D The butterfly and the sentiment are from Technique Tuesday's Wingin' It Little Treasures set, which at $2.99 is a freakin' steal-of-a-deal. I embossed the butterfly with white ep and then colored on the reverse with chalk pencils. Copic markers and/or colored pencils will also work for this technique. I then layered the vellum over patterned paper and then framed it using a different piece of patterned paper (both by the Memory Box).

I used the Timeworks Cuttlebug folder to dry emboss vellum, which I put over a piece of patterned cardstock so that you could see the embossed gears as well as the translucence of the vellum.

And here it is!


Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, both of these cards are just fabulous Kathi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both are just super elegant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete