Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day!

It's Earth Day and I felt like making an ATC.


Mother Earth is from The Enchanted Gallery's Nature Spirit and Domino Art set and the earth and sentiment are from the Recycle unmounted set.. Both Mother Earth and the Earth were colored with Copic markers.

The text paper is from a recycled Roget's Thesaurus, dating from my high school days. It was ruined by that bwitch Irene, but I kept it to use for art projects! I pulled the page containing the words "conserve" and "conservation". I crumpled it up, then inked it with Stormy Sky & Chipped Sapphire Distress inks, spritzed 'em with water, and heat set. The text paper was adhered with Ranger's Multi Medium, which worked like gangbusters!

The sentiment was stamped with Crimson Red VersaFine ink, then heat embossed with clear detail embossing powder. I colored the heart with Copic markers and touched up the sentiment with extra fine point Sharpie marker.

The Copics I used:
Skin: E50, YR000, YR0000, R11, BV23, BV0000
Hair: C1, C4, C6, C7, C8
Eyes: B12, B14
Roses: R22, R24, R27
Earth: B2, B4, B6 and G40, 43, 46
Background: custom less-than B21, B21, B23

Thanks for visiting today!


3 comments:

  1. Ooh cool! I've got to do more ATCs! Great coloring of that unique image and love the modified dictionary page (lol, but maybe you need to thank that bwitch Irene now, ha!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic ATC and love how you've used the thesaurus paper...great coloring as well!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool! Love the whole design of it - great ATC :)

    ReplyDelete