Sunday, September 2, 2012

Super Mom to the rescue!

Whereas I am not a super mom, nor do I play one on tv, I do have a super mom of my own, so when I saw this Super Mom image from Kenny K Downloads, I had to have it!

Here's my first card using the digital image. I also used sketch #27 from Retro Sketches Challenge Blog.

Here's the sketch:


Here's my take on the sketch:


I recently got my hair cut and colored, so I tried to match my new color on Super Mom's Hair. I think my hair is still a bit redder, though it's about that length, but not as stylish.

I colored Super Mom with Copic markers, which I know is a big shockeroo to you all.

Here are the markers I used for the:
Face: E000, E01, E11, R20
Lips: R20, R22, R24
Hair YR30, E51, E53, E55, E57*
Blouse: BG11, BG23, BG32, BG34, BG93
Skirt: E74, E77, E79
Apron: W1, W3, RY20, YR21, YR24, YR27

*My E11 & E55 have gotten goopy, so there are some shiny spots in the hair, which is ever-so-irritating. *sigh*

The patterned papers are from the Mabel 6x6 pad from the Stella & Rose collection by MME.

The ribbon is from my stash. I changed the light blue to match using BG23. I added a pearl earring to finish off the card.

I will use this card for my Mom at some point. I'm safe because she doesn't read my blog.

Thanks for visiting today and happy September!

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Retro Sketches #27
Color Me Creative Classroom Challenge #51 Yellows

8 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! Love the pearl earrings! And the coloring is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colouring!! That is a fab image and I love the colours you've used on this great layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kathi, I just bet you are too a super-mom! :^)
    I love the stamp you used--she's really cute. And your coloring is wonderful! Love your take on that sketch, and I love the pretty colors and papers you chose! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love the way you used the ribbon on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, Kathi! Love the papers and fun image! Your coloring is terrific! I'm having issues with some of my E markers, too! Such a pain, but I would never noticed on yours if you hadn't mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super mom looks amazing. The color palette works wonderfully and love how you've colored her especially her skin tones.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, sorry I am so late in popping by. I LOVE your card for our Color Me Creative challenge. Thank you so much for playing along. We have a new challenge running now, I hope you have time to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete