Friday, January 11, 2013

Birthday Gift -- One Marmalade Cat!

Yikes! Two posts in one day! Je suis shocké! *giggle*



I'd love to get the gift of a kitty for my birthday! Wouldn't you? After all, one can NOT have too many cats! Thus speaks a future (crazy) cat lady.

The super-cute stamp is called Holiday Madeline by Kraftin' Kimmie. I don't think this stamp is just for holidays! Just sayin'. I should be sayin' that she's on sale along with a bunch of her friends over at SCACD. Click here to check it out and then thank me for enabling you.

Madeline was stamped onto Neenah cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, then colored with Copic markers that I'll list below.

The stamped and colored piece was diecut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Twenty-Two. I kept the cardstock in the nestie and carefully outlined the interior of the die, pulled it out, and finished adding the background around the stamped image. I used the next largest die to cute a frame for the stamped colored image. I added two Classic Corners dies by SCACD to add a little bit more emphasis to the stamped scene.

All the patterned paper is from the Miss Caroline Howdy-Doody 6x6 pad by MME. It's gone, but there are other fabulous 6x6 pads at SCACD!

The sentiment is a very, very old Hero Arts stamp and was die cut using Spellbinders Fancy-Framed Tags Two. I'd be remiss if I did not mention that all Spellbinders dies are on sale right now at SCACD.

I added some ribbon from Michael's, a floofy double loop bow, and some rhinestones by KaiserKraft to finish the card.

Thanks for visiting again today!

Copic markers used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20, BV00
Hair: E23, E25, E59, E59
Cat: YR2, YR61, R20
Sweater: YR20, YR21, YR31, T2, YG95, YG97
Skirt: BG53, BG57, BG78
Floor: E42
Wall: E40


I shall enter this card in the following challenge(s):
Kraftin' Kimmie #160 -- Animal House
Simon Says Stamp & Show: Embrace the Old: Hero Arts stamp & patterned paper are old!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, lady! What an awesome surprise for me to see your lovely creation among the submissions this week! I am loving your card...the layered dies, the beautiful colors, that scrummy ribbon...it is wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps! Hugz to you, my friend (and future crazy cat lady...LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is a beauty! I can relate....being the proud owner of two kitties :) Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You naughty enabler, you! (I did go to SCACD thru your blog to order a few things. So there.)
    Love the colors on this card--so pretty! Love your papers, die cuts, and fabulous image, too! (And one can have too many cats. When we raised Persians years ago, we had 31. Now that was TOO many!)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete