Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bombshell Stamps -- Wonderful Wednesday

As you may know, every Wednesday we feature a special post on Bombshell's Blog. The monthly Hump Day Hop theme is announced the first Monday. Our sketch and the DT's takes on the sketch are scheduled on the second Wednesday. The third Wednesday's features the Guest Designer's (aka Pin-Up's) challenge. Our Hump Day Hop starts on the blog on the last Wednesday of the month.

Every few months there are FIVE Wednesdays, which leaves a huge hole in our schedule, so we needed something special for that Wednesday. We've come up with Wonderful Wednesday. The Bombshell Girls and Pin-ups choose a tutorial from our Fabulous Friday Tutorials and create a project based on the tutorial. You should click on over to the Bombshell Blog to check out the projects AND the tutorials!

I used used Jodi's Glassine tutorial to create background paper with the Sacred Heart Art set and Ideology Glassine. I had tried this technique previously using clear glassine from the Post Office, but I must say it works much better with Ideology Kraft Glassine . This glassine seems to be much waxier!

BTW, I purchased a new MS/EK Success heat gun using a 50% coupon and am happy with it.

I also changed up Jodi's tutorial by using Blazing Red and Jet Black StazOn inks, Golden Glitz Delicata Gold Ink, and Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist instead of Distress Stain. The mist was sparklier and also produced a more subtle effect. I also veered off from her technique by adding a bit of Black Soot Distress ink to the raised creases.

Here's the background I created.


Here's the card.


I stamped the large heart from the Sacred Heart set with Champagne Dazzle VersaMark ink onto Kraft cardstock and heat set black Detail embossing powder. I painted the heart with Luminarte Silk Glazes, which are on sale now at SCACD! I mixed Vavoom Red, Cinnamon Brown, Sunburst, and Ginger Flower to create a good base red for the heart. Mallard Green, Black Ice, and Sunburst were mixed to create the green for the vine. The flames were painted with a combination my mixed red and Sunburst. It was my first time painting and shading an entire image with Silks and I'm moderately pleased.

I die cut the stamped, painted cardstock using my beloved Labels Four Nestabilities. I left the cardstock in the die and sponged on some Black Soot Distress ink. Black cardstock was diecut using my new Nestabilities Decorative Elements Dies, Labels Eight. Again, I left the cardstock in the die and sponged a bit of Golden Glitz Delicata ink.

*An aside: Golden Glitz Delicata ink is a gorgeous sparkly bright gold pigment ink that I love.

Garden Corners dies by SCACD were used to cut black cardstock and added to all four corners of the card. Small gold pearls were used to embellish the stamped piece and the corners.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall be entering this card in the following challenges:


Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge: What are you known for?
I'm known for using lots of techniques and then describing them in excruciatingly boring detail. And for using Black Soot Distress ink.
City Crafter Challenge Blog: #143 "Forever Mine" Use hearts
Make It Monday: Anything Goes



3 comments:

  1. Oooh, way cool, Kathi! That background paper is fabulous! Love the colors, images, and great die cuts on this, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are able to make things so textural and different, such wonderful inspiration for simple "cut and glue" peeps like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card knocks my socks off. You sure did learn a lot from that tutorial cause you rocked it.

    ReplyDelete