Thursday, September 12, 2013

Happy Fall Fun!

We had a lovely stretch of cooler weather over the weekend, but it's been hot, Hot, HOT! the last few days and very, very humid too! Mother Nature is a tease. However, I know that fall is coming because we're beginning to get some apples with our CSA farm share! I hope we only get one pumpkin though because I detest pumpkins as a food group. IMHO they're only good for two things, taking children to pick a pumpkin and carving it into a Jack O'Lantern. I guess I could always put an extras out for our grey squirrels to eat! (We don't get red squirrels here, though we've had an occasional black one!).



Kraftin' Kimmie's  Pick of the Patch was stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto Neenah cardstock and colored with Copic markers, which I'll list below. The colors were chosen to match the patterned papers from my hoarded Mellow 6x6 pad by Basic Grey.

The sentiment was created using equally hoarded Doodlebug Rub-Ons, which I love because they're small and in a fun font. Sadly, they're almost gone. Boo-hoo. The leaves were punched from the more solid papers from the pad, then tinted with Copic markers.

I based my card on this great sketch from the folks at Sketch N Stash.


Thanks for visiting today!

Copic Markers used:
Skin: YR000, YR00, R000, BV000, R21
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Outfit: YG03, YG05, YG07, YG17 Y11, Y13, B21, B23
Pumpkins: YR00, YR02, YR12, YR16, YR18, YR27, YR61, YR65
Squirrel: C00, C0, C01, C02, C04
Wagon: E04, E07, E19, N04, N06
Ground: E40, E41, E42, Ed43, C01, C03
Sky: B0000, B000

I shall be entering this card in the following challenges:
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges #195: Fall Fun
Sketch N Stash Challenges #121
Basic Grey Challenges #102: Anything Goes
Craft-Room Challenges: Trees and Leaves

8 comments:

  1. Fab take on the sketch, Kathi! Love the DP, (I am hoarding some, too), love the fun image & your coloring, and those leaves are so cool! :^)
    Btw, I happen to love pumpkin pie. Especially lathered with whipped cream. Yummmmmmm! ;^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. I love that cute image, your colouring is wonderful and the papers are gorgeous too.
    Thank you for taking part in the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Autumn! Without Pumpkin Pie now that is a shocker LOL Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, love those little leaves, they are sooo cute! And I agree, pumpkin is not a food group, it is a decoration. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card!
    Such a lovely and cute feeling of autumn.
    Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Stash- challenge.
    Hugs Merkku

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable and a fun Autumn card! I love your coloring of the image. I have to disagree, I love pumpkin. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super cute card, I love the image. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete