Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Back from Vacation!

My husband and I took a short break and went to New Mexico on vacation. It was our first vacation alone together in ages and was absolutely wonderful. We both fell in love with New Mexico and now understand why it's called the Land of Enchantment.

We met an online crafting friend and her husband, who invited us to their house for dinner. Most people would think that they were insane for inviting strangers to their house. Others would think we were nutsoid for going into a stranger's home.

Both husbands were a bit nervous that they would have nothing to say to one another. Their fears were unfounded.

The food was fantastic, conversation flowed effortlessly, and the evening was absolutely wonderful. An added bonus was that my husband now really likes Día de los Muertos artwork due to my friends' great collection. In fact, we picked up some prints, tiles, and tee shirts!

We spent time shopping, visiting museums, took scenic drives and even took a private jeep tour of the desert, which was one of the high points of the vacation. Then there's the food and drink. All I can say is WOW!!!

There are still more museums, galleries, towns, and sites to visit, so we'll definitely be visiting New Mexico again!

By the way,  I brought half my Copic marker collection with me and a bunch of stamped artwork and did absolutely nothing! I also took a break from the internet, just checking my email in case something popped up that required my attention.

So, I'm relaxed, refreshed, and ready to get crafty!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! So happy for you! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi, so happy that you enjoyed your get-a-way to the Land of Enchantment and that you could steal some time away from your busy schedule to spend an evening with us. And what a wonderful evening it was! We'll have to do this again some time :) Hugs to you, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great trip. I've always wanted to visit New Mexico. Maybe someday. Actually I've been away from stamping too for almost all of October and am leaving again shortly. I drove by myself to the western panhandle of Florida to visit my sister, who I haven't seen in several years. The two of us went to Universal Studios in Orlando. My first trip there. It was great.

    ReplyDelete