Friday, October 4, 2013

Successful Experiment: Crackled SCACD's Peaceful Warrior!

In my post from Friday, September 27th, I said,
I have lots of plans for Peaceful Warrior I'm going to try to color him and coat him with Crackle Accents to make him look like an antique jade sculpture! Wish me luck and check back to see if I'm successful!

Eureeka! It worked, though I didn't use Crackle Accents. I used Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint by Ranger!  But I'm getting ahead of myself.

First, here is a close-up photo of crackled Peaceful Warrior!


 I stamped  Peaceful Warrior using Onyx Black VersaFine ink, then heat embossed with Filigree Clear Detail Embossing powder. I colored him using Copic markers, fussy cut him, then used a small fine brush to apply Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint to his horse parts (head, mane, body, legs, and tail). Then I put him aside until the next morning. The first thing I did after waking up, turning off my alarm, and putting on my glasses was to run and check to see how the crackling looked. I was beyond delighted that it worked, but the uncrackled parts looked really plain, so I coated them with a layer or two of Clear Gelly Glaze pen, which looked much better.

He looked really great in a small printers tray that I have, but I didn't have enough dimensional stuff to add to the cubbies. So I went with "Plan B".

I grabbed a piece of thick black cardstock, my Steampunk Lace stencil by ArtistCellar, and sponged Silks Acrylic Glazes by Luminarte over the stencil. The black cardstock was trimmed, matted onto textured gold specialty paper by FiberMark, and a gold border sticker was added to the base so that Peaceful Warrior had a surface to stand upon! Gold corner stickers were added to the upper corners, then purple rhinestones were added to finish the piece!

Here's the finished card!


Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful artwork! Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi, this is stunning! Really love the coloring & crackling of your image! And it just pops against that cool background you created! Fantastic! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks great Kathi!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this card and your stunning horse Kathi, wow... It's magical and fabulous!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work - well done for the crackle idea, it looks fabulous! Love the very elegant feel to this sophisticated card :)

    ReplyDelete