Friday, November 8, 2013

Here's Steampunk Cat & Mouse!

Here's Steampunk Cat and Mouse, which is a digital stamp by Carmen Medlin for SCACD Digital.
I love these digis because you can resize them, flip 'em, flop 'em, and do other odd things to them. Best of all, there are lots of owls (which I love) and Steampunk-themed stamps (I adore Steampunk). And of course I love AND adore cats!!!



 Steampunk Cat and Mouse was resized using Photo Elements and printed onto Neenah cardstock with my laser printer. They were then colored with Copic markers as was the background. When I was done, I added Gold Spica Glitter (Copic) pen to the watch frame and Lipstick Spica Glitter (Copic) pen to the mouse's nose and reflection. Then I went over the entire watch, the cat's eyes, the mouse's nose, and his wheels with a Clear Gelly Roll Glaze pen. When the glaze was dry, I repeated this step a few times to make those parts even more dimensional and shiny/clear.

Patterned paper from the Steampunk Spells 6x6 pad by Graphic 45 was used for the mats and die cut. Patterned paper from Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante 8x8 pad was used for the card front. SCACD's Alice's Clock Statement Corner die was used to cut the yellow solid paper from Steampunk Spells 6x6 pad. I used red 3D Stamp Paint by Viva Decor to paint the die-cut. This paint is shimmery and can be dimensional, though I chose to use it as a flat paint. Best of all, it's 35% off right now.

I couldn't decide on a sentiment, so I didn't use one! When I do, it'll likely go in the upper right, jutting into the white space of the scene.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Divas by Design: Use a Digi
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Twisted Tuesday: Anything Goes and a Free-for-all
Our Creative Corner: Steampunk Tic-Tac-Toe: (I used gears - both paper and diecut), texture (glitter, glaze), and transport (the mouse has wheels)
Cards Galore Challenges: Animals
Emergency Crafters: Steampunk
Feeling Crafty Challenge #22: Steampunk
Punk You Girls Challenge #6: Angels or Demons My cats can be either angels or demons.

13 comments:

  1. This is cute! Lovely colouring! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous make with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fab image Kathi ! and you've coloured it beautifully. The paper is perfect with the image and I love the corner die cut! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do such a great job with these quirky SteamPunk images :) Your very intricate techniques and fantastic colouring always set them off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary and cute all at the same time. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card hun, thanks for joining in Feeling Crafty Challenge, good luck xx
    http://feelingcraftychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun make! This certainly is steampunk with a twist!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! I'm so glad you entered it in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge last week. I'm on vacation, so late on my commenting, but I did want to let you know how glad I am that you played along with the challenge!

    I love the playfulness of the image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First steampunk cat I've seen and he is rather fab I have to say! Great twist on our challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner for this challenge.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathi, I have this image, too, and will have to use it sometime--I love Steampunk, and this is such a cutie! Great coloring & design on this--love the DP and the die cut! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb card, Kathi, love the image he is fun...thank you for sharing with us at Feeling Crafty, this month, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the steampunk cat! Fab card Kathi, thanks for joining in with us at Emergency Crafters this time, hugs Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the steampunk cat! Superb image and colouring, thanks for joining in with us at Emergency Crafters, hugs Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a stunning piece, i love all of the great elements - cat especially ;)

    I think yuour cat is more on the demon side, though ;)

    Dt Laila aka Koneko

    ReplyDelete