Radiant Moth was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink (Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts) and heat embossed with Clear Filigree Detail embossing powder (Stewart Superior). The image was colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, and outlined with a Black Pitt Artist marker (Faber Castell). Lemon Spica Glitter (Copic)pen was added to the area around the wire of Radiant Moth's light bulb, then Liquid Glass DecoArt) was applied over the light bulb and set aside to dry.
While it was drying, a piece of black chipboard was die-cut with the Alterations Tag die (Sizzix), then dry embossed with the Clockworks Cuttlebug embossing folder (ProvoCraft). Pewter, Rose Quartz, Onyxite, and Florentine Gold Treasure Gold Wax Paste (PaperArtsy) was brushed over the embossed tag to add some color, shimmer, and shine to the matte black.
Primary Yellow MFA and Primary Cyan Media Fluid Acrylic (MFA) paint (DecoArt) were mixed, then painted onto 140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock (Strathmore). Pthalo Green Blue and Viridian MFA paint were dry brushed over top until I was happy with the coverage.
A few drops of Metallic Silver MFA paint was mixed into a splodge of Black Modeling Paste (DecoArt), then scraped over the Americana Short Circuit stencil (DecoArt) onto the painted panel and allowed to dry. Once dry, the silver didn't really show, so I used a really fine brush with Metallic Silver MFA paint to go over the circuitry.
Steampunk (defunct company) was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink (Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts) and heat embossed with Clear Filigree Detail embossing powder (Stewart Superior) and cut to size. Pthalo Green Blue and Viridian MFA paint were sponged over this piece, then the paint was wiped away from the embossed area with a baby wipe. When the paint was dry, the piece was coated with a thick layer of Media Crackle Glaze and set aside to dry.
The circuit board piece was adhered to the tag then screw-top brads were added to the four corners. The crackled Steampunk sentiment was adhered, then a Ceiling Light Bulb and Switches and Outlets Junkyard Findings (Prima Marketing) were adhered using 3D Transparent Matte Gel (Prima Marketing).
T-pins were cut to size, then used to replace Radiant Moth's antennae and connect them to her antennae tops. 3D Transparent Matte Gel was used to adhere Radiant Moth over the circuit board panel.
A Hitch Fastener, a Swivel Clasp, and a Jump Ring (all Idea-ology) were used to attach the Dream Typed Token (Idea-ology) to the tag. It was hanging where I didn't want it hanging, so I stole a few beady-looking transistor wire gizmos from my husband, who builds audio equipment for fun and relaxation. The transistor wire gizmos were added here and there to add some color and visual interest to the piece and to hold the hanging tag where I wanted it to hang.
Some seam binding was smooshed in some inks, squished, heat set, and tied to the tag's opening to finish the tag.
Tah dah. If you made it through all the above, pat yourself on the back!
Thanks for visiting today!
I shall enter this tag into the following challenges:
• SanDee and amelie's Steampunk Challenges: Tag It!
• Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenges: P is for Steampunk!
• Fantasy Stampers Challenges: Steampunk
• Crafty Gal's Corner Challenges: Things with Wings
• Simon Says Wednesday Challenges: Anything Goes