Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sk8R Grrl


I call her Sk8R Grrl, but her real name is Be Fearless and she's part of SCACD's Brave Hearts stamp collection. Not only that, but she and her other friends are available as digital stamps. Lastly, if you're an international pal, you can get her and all the other SCACD digital stamps HERE.

Be Fearless, aka Sk8R Grrl, was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts) and colored with Copic markers. A bit of pink blush was added to her cheeks with a chalk pencil.The image panel was die-cut with one of the dies from the Card Creator 5x7 Nestabilities die set (Spellbinders). Her earring received a glittery touch thanks to the Clear Stardust Glitter pen (Sakura). Both the earring and the skull in her hair were coated with several coats of Clear Gelly Glaze pen (Sakura) to add dimension and shine.

In a departure from my usual way of doing things, I colored her first then chose patterned papers. I had a wee bit of difficulty finding a good lavender in my plethora of 6x6 patterned paper pads, so I had to go digging in the 12x12 files. I finally found the perfect match in two older patterned papers by Doodlebug. The reverse of the paper had a 2001 copyright sign! The stripey patterned paper is by KI Memories and is probably almost as old. Way back then, during my scrapbooking days, I'd buy multiples of any paper that I liked because I had some strange fear of running out of my favorites. That rarely happened and left me with a sizable collection of really old paper.

I also had collected some matching Doodelbug cardstock and was delighted to find one last piece of the light lavender color which sacrificed itself for the card. The lighter lavender was die-cut with a larger die from the Card Creator 5x7 Nestabilities die set. The striped paper was die-cut with a scalloped border die from the Blueprints 4 die set (Die-namics). Both the plaid and striped paper were die-cut with the pierced strip die from the Blueprints 3 die set (Die-namics).

Since is a bit edgy, I wanted to add some edgy accents. Silver metallic cardstock was die-cut with the Barbed Wire die (Cherry Lynn Designs) and with the small circles from the Blueprints 3 die set (Die-namics). Off white cardstock was punched with a tiny skull punch (Studio G).

As usual, I didn't know who would get this card for what occasion, so a sentiment was intentionally omitted.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
Card Mania Challenges: Pastel Colors
Craft Your Passion Challenges: Anything Goes
Cuttlebug Mania Challenges: Wheels


6 comments:

  1. Cute card. I love how you managed you match the coloring with your papers. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card! Super how you found the right colour of DP to match and you also use the little trick of chalking coloured cheeks when using alcohol inks - always works a treat.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    Cuttlebug Mania DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. I love this little girl.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion. Good luck
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love all the detail especially the barbed wire

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for joining our challenge! Good luck :)
    Marzena
    Card Mania DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation! I love design and details!
    Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge and sorry for late comment!
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete