Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I Brake for Wolves


While perusing the large selection of stamps at I Brake for Stamps, I came across Large Wolf with Moon and decided that he'd be the perfect image for many different projects, especially those difficult cards for the men in one's life. I should mention that this stamp is also available in a smaller size too.

Large Wolf with Moon was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Craft) and colored with Copics. When it came time to die-cut around the image, I realized that I had messed up the orientation of the stamp and the image was askew. Rather than binning the project, I fussy-cut the image and edged it with a Black Pitt Artist pen (Faber Castell).

I used one of the dies from the Rounded Tag Framelit die set (Sizzix) to die-cut a piece of patterned black paper from the Cartographer 6x6 pad (Prima). The next largest die from the set was used to die-cut star-patterned paper from the Beachside Pint Size Patterns 6x6 pad (lawn fawn). The edges of both die-cuts were lightly distressed and layered atop the remaining black patterned paper. The piece was trimmed and the edges lightly distressed. Large Wolf with Moon was adhered onto the die-cut and the card front was adhered to a kraft card.

I did not add a sentiment yet because the recipient and occasion have yet to be decided.

I Brake for Stamps has a great selection from several different stamp companies and also has their own brand of stamps. Click on my badge below to be whisked over there to check out their fabulous images! Best of all, if you buy something, use this code: SAVE10KATHI for 10% off your purchase.


Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Your colouring is gorgeous Kathi! The wolf and moon have so much depth and detail. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible card!!! I love wolves too and this one is coloured so perfectly. I really like the background and frame you created, making the wolf the star. A stunning card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Just Add Ink this week!!

    ReplyDelete