Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Mirror, Mirror...

I've got some great news! I Brake for Stamps has released new additions to the Humorous Seniors stamp Collection. Click here to check 'em out!

Mirror, Mirror is one of the newbies from I Brake for Stamps' fantastic Humorous Seniors stamp collection. It's available with the sentiment or without. How cool is that?

Here's my card with Mirror, Mirror.


This stamp amuses me because it precisely echoes something I said rather loudly last weekend in Las Vegas. I was sitting at the little vanity in the very posh hotel bathroom and looking into a greatly enlarged reflection of my face in one of those lighted magnifying mirrors. That mirror was not at all kind. I saw all sorts of imperfections that I hadn't seen since I had my cataract surgery! Yikes. Where the heck did all those lines, age spots, and suchlike come from? I do think I prefer my usual blurred reflection and/or blissful ignorance.

Anyway I digressed, which I suppose is not shocking. Mirror, Mirror was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine Crafts) and colored with Copic markers. The image panel was die-cut with one of the dies from the Nestabilities Labels Fourteen die set (Spellbinders). 

The patterned papers are from the Fiddlesticks Miss Caroline 6x6 pad (My Minds Eye). I also used a scalloped border from one of my Blueprints die sets (Die-namics). The Fancy Framed Tags One die set (Spellbinders) was used to die-cut the sentiment. The sentiment was left in the die and airbrushed with my Airbrush System (Copic).

The edges of the layered card front were sponged with Hydrangea Archival ink (Ranger). Clear Spica Glitter pen was added to the mirror to make it shiny. When it was dry, several layers of Clear Gelly Glaze pen were used to add a shiny reflective finish. Silver gel pen (Pentel) was used on the faucet and Clear Gelly Glaze pen was used over that because I felt like it.

I Brake for Stamps is where you'll find the fabulous Humorous Seniors stamp collection, plus lots of other stamp companies. Click on my badge below to be whisked over there to check out all of the goodies! Best of all, if you buy something, you can get a 10% discount off of your purchase if you use this code: SAVE10KATHI!


Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion Challenges: Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations Challenges: Anything Goes with a Die
• Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges: Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment