Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Challenge for December!



Yikes! It's December 4th already! Where did the time go?

Now that the teenager has the bulk of her college applications done (yay!)and the bulk of my Chanumasbirthday shopping is done, my next priority is to clean, purge, declutter, and organize the house. This will bore me to distraction, so I'm also going to try to get my holiday/New Year's cards done and mailed as well as build a stash of thank you and birthday cards.

So my challenge to myself and to you is to create and post a card or project every day during December.

Anyone want to join me? Sign up by commenting below. If you post a link to your daily card and keep meet the challenge of a card/project a day (with links), I'll send you a little prize. That's 31 cards or projects, so get busy!

***Edited***You can comment without signing up for the challenge! :-D

Since Chanukah starts early this year (tonight!) and is before both the teenager's birthday and Christmas, I'll start with 2 Chanukah cards that feature the new and adorable birdie menorah by justjohanna. I used Glaze pens to add dimension to the "candles" and "flames" and either Prismacolor markers or Prismacolor pencils to color the images. Stickles added a bit of "bling" too!

Priscilla, like my cats, likes to live dangerously by hanging out by the lit Menorah. Sometimes her whiskers get singed a bit, but unlike my cats, she has NOT set herself on fire. Priscilla, birdie menorah, and the sentiment (with an "h" at the end) are by justjohanna.

The second small card has enough room for a gift card inside. The silvery vellum arched frame was stamped with silver Brilliance and heat embossed. It is raised on spare QK ejection foam. The stamps are shrubbery and birdie menorah by justjohanna.

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Great cards! (Don't dare sign me up for your challenge...I might faint!) =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cut! (I just bet Pricella is looking to get into some kind of trouble).

    I'd love to try your challenge but I am just too chicken!!LOL

    ReplyDelete