Friday, September 25, 2009

Caardvark's Sketchfest Friday!

For Caardvark's Sketchfest Friday's card, I decided to try one of Godelieve's techniques -- heat embossing a stamped image on vellum. I'm moderately pleased with the way it came out, though it didn't scan or photograph at all well. I ended up having to photograph the card without a flash because I had chosen to stamp on some shimmery white vellum which of course reflected the light from the scanner and/or the flash. You'd think I'd know better by now. The card looks better in real life. The red is redder (less pink) and the green is greener. ***Godelieve saw my plight and was able to fix my photo. It's so much better, though it's still a bit off. Thank you Godelieve!!!***



The roses in the squares are from a rose garland that is part of the Love & Luck set by Bombshell Stamps. The skull with a rose is from the Man's Ruin set by Bombshell Stamps.

As mentioned, I stamped the images and embossed them with white detail ep on shimmery vellum from my stash. I also stamped them on regular translucent vellum. They looked cool on regular vellum, but like a true magpie, I opted for the shimmer. I layered the vellum over a patterned paper from the 6x6 Porcelain pad by Basic Grey. I ran a piece of white cored red cardstock through the Big Kick using the Swiss Dot embossing folder, which I then sanded to mimic the dotted pattern on the red rose on the patterned paper. The sentiment is a rub-on by QuicKutz. The base of the card and the frames are cut from green cardstock.

Thanks for visiting today.

5 comments:

  1. This card is so delicate and pretty. I love the femininity with the skull, and bet the glitter looks devine in person! Great job Kathi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of white embossing on vellum! Clever use of the garland, beautiful!!
    Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing on vellum ... great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the embossing on vellum, Kathi! I have to try that... now, to just remember if the vellum is HERE...or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossing on vellum is awesome!

    ReplyDelete