Sunday, May 30, 2010

SCC VSN: Serigraph Technique

This is such a fun technique to create a background using a brayer, four colors, of ink, and heat embossing. I wasn't sure how it was going to look at first since the brayering looked sort of choppy. But once I heat embossed and added the darkest color, it started looking much better.

Since I used Distress Inks, I also spritzed the brayered ink with water to get that cool splotchy effect.

The focal images for both cards were colored with Copic markers.

Anyways, here are my two Serigraph technique cards.

Aloha uses Bombshell's Hula Girl set.


Butterflies uses Bombshell's Butterfly Queen set.


Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this technique before Kathi, but it looks fabulous! Both cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, I've never heard of this technique but I LOVE it! Fabulous bg papers you created! LOVE the colors of the butterfly card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhh!! Sublime! Love the gradation in colors and the soft effect this has. So gorgeous I could just eat 'em up! Partly because the bottom one reminds me of sherbet, making it perfect on all counts ;D

    ReplyDelete