Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh well.

I submitted this card to a mag (along with three others). They all got rejected. Big bummer. Picked myself up, dusted myself off, and said "Oh well!". I'll just post 'em here or submit them elsewhere.

Here's a card that was fun because it was an experiment that went well. Gotta love that.


I used VersaMark to stamp the quote from Rose's Portrait set and the large rose from from the Love and Luck set. Both sets are by Bombshell Stamps. I then added gold detail embossing powder and heat set them. I flipped the vellum and colored the rose with Copic markers. It created a cool mottled effect, though shading is very difficult since the Copics just re-wet each other.

The patterned paper is from the Le ' Romantique 8x8 pad by Graphic 45. I got the gold foil border stickers at a stamping show. Sadly, I couldn't go this past year to get more since I was on crutches at the time. Po' me. :(

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely! Love the use of the foil gorder and the fun embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's really pretty! Rejected? Humph! I have no idea why!

    ReplyDelete