Monday, December 27, 2010

Post Holiday Card Posting!

I've been such a bad blogger this past month. Time has just flown by since Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving, Chanukah, family parties, funerals, and a milestone (21st--not mine) birthday kept me busy and without a lot of excess energy or mojo. I did have pent-up ideas, just time and inclination didn't simultaneously occur until sometime last week. Needless to say my cards did not go out yet. I figure that I'll send 'em soon and people will just think I'm a master procrastinator.

Here's the first in a series of cards using the Santa's Sleigh image from the Holly Jolly Christmas set by Technique Tuesday. I love this set and have ideas for the other stamps in the set too.



I recently discovered that if you sponge dye ink over white metallic Recollections cardstock, the ink comes out shimmery. So I masked, reverse masked, sponged with Distress ink, and heat embossed to make the background scene. Then I stamped the Santa and sleigh image and heat embossed it in black.

All patterned papers are from 7 Gypsies 6x6 paper pads, albeit different pads. I used a Tim Holtz mask and sponged ink over it onto the map paper. I sponged ink onto the music paper to age it too. I used the music paper because I added a glittery red nose to the lead reindeer and was singing the Rudolph song while doing so.

I repeatedly stamped "Ho, Ho, Ho" with an old stamp by Hero arts with the Merry Christmas sentiment from Bombshell Stamps' Holiday Accessory set. I love that font!


Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Oh love the ho's in the bg and the fun masking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. e created visits pursuant in order to new methods inside the CBA that will protect our players, he mentioned in the statement Poorly translated materials create an unprofessional image for your firm and may not convey the intended message to the intended audience So, if you're about the anchor for the particular able purse about never adopt to emphasis the accustomed surroundings, accept amateur and obtain yourself an eco accessible oneFamilies visit college, not peopleSociety At LargeSome experts maintain that children made to wear school uniforms will not be prepared for the big bad world when they attend university or join the workforce and preparing early for personal choice is crucial You'll appreciate that this NFL jerseys appear in a variety of designs like the classic formats you ordinarily observe getting put on intended for this sort of uses Cotchery completed and the 433 yards and two of array conference
    NHL (Washington Capitals,San Jose Sharks,Pittsburgh Penguins,Philadelphia Flyers,Detroit Red Wings,Chicago Blackhawks) 4 Pittsburgh Steelers team has already and former New York jet Jerricho Cotchery took over the fleet with contract came to an agreement One small company even produces hers in the hard covers regarding dumped pulp fictional novels of recentlyYou also need to keep in mind that you will find fake found in the industry today You don't have mistrust of which while looking for Inexpensive NFL jerseys to order you continue to wish to acquire a little something real

    Cheap Nhl Jerseys
    Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys
    Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale

    ReplyDelete