Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Queen of everything...

Simon Says Stamp & Show "What do you say?" challenge has inspired me to create this card. Actually, the challenge made me go through my stickers and rub-ons to organize them. While going through those drawers, I found some great cat-themed stuff.

Hence, this card...


which is based on this sketch from Craft Your Passions challenge blog:


I flipped the sketch and used crowns instead of flowers.

Pretty Kitty (VB-108-J) by Third Coast Rubber Stamps reminds me of my familiar, Duchess, who is a fluffy tabby ragdoll/American shorthair mix. However, there is no way that Duchess would deign to wear a frilly collar like that. She's way too regal. This Pretty Kitty stamp lives on page 17 of the New Year '07 supplement.

Anyways, I was so happy with the trees in the Painted Ladies card (below) that I decided to use the same dot technique, using the W series of Copic markers. I dotted the lightest color, dotted the darker colors, blended them out, added some shading,tabby striping, and suchlike. I got a bit heavy-handed with the blending and the blender wasn't pushing the color back into the lines, so I opted to outline the kitty with a darker color and chose a BV marker. I wanted to use some papers from my stash that had crown designs and came up with MME Bohemia and Imaginisce cardstock and matched custom less-than-R81, R81, R83, and R85 for the collar and ribbons.

The sticker on the upper right is from 7 Gypsies and the rub-on on the bottom left is from Junkitz (Remember them?).

The crowns were cut from shimmery white cardstock using a QuicKutz die. I adorned the crown with purple and lavender gems.

I'm sewing impaired and this apparently applies to faux-stitching too. I used an EK Success rolling poker gizmo tool with a scoring board, then used Spica Lavender glitter pen to add the faux stitching. Poorly.

So there you have it.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall be entering this card in these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp & Show "What do you say?" challenge
Outlawz Copic/Promarker Friday: "Anything Goes"
Craft Your Passion # 121: Sketch

8 comments:

  1. Cute kitty cat card! Very princess like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A definite cattitude to this elegant card :) (sorry, couldn't resist!) I think the fauz stitching looks fab and I love the stylish colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty! Ok, I thought I was crazy and spent a lot of time on my cards, but you are right up there, girlie, lol! Love all the details and your coloring of the queen! and I thought that WAS stitching when I looked at your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful take on the sketch! Beautifully coloured and I adore the crowns! Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion challenge blog. Hugs, Louise G

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card! Your did a very nice job of following the sketch and created such a fun card. Your stamped and colored image of the diva cat is too cute. Love the crowns and the machine stitching! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your crack about the faux stitching! Literally laughing out loud. 'Cuz I stay far, far away from stitching of any kind!
    Love your kitty! And love the paper you used with her. Great coloring, methinks!
    Cats are all about attitude. We used to raise and show Persians (not the brightest bulbs on the planet), so I had my full share of felines for this lifetime! But I still appreciate the haughty little beasts! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny
    P.S. I think we would be great friends, with the crazy sense of humor we seem to share. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely one regal cat! Love the use of pink and the little crowns are a perfect touch.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete