Friday, May 10, 2013

Cheers!

My odd mood seems to be continuing. Maybe my brain has Spring Fever. Yeah. That's my final answer.



This card features another of SCACD's Oddly Sweet Curiosities. This one's name is Some Days. I must admit that this stamp just totally cracks me up. I was chortling maniacally to myself during the creation of the card.

But I digress.

Some Days was stamped onto white Neenah cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and onto Eclipse Masking tape. I colored the cardstock version with Copic markers, which I'll list below. I diecut a martini glass using an old QuicKutz die, then used the negative space as a stencil, and traced the shape around the dangling dude using a BG90 Copic marker. The martini was colored in, then I added a touch of Clear Stardust Gelly Roll Glitter pen to make glittery liquor. I grounded the glass and the image by creating a wooden floor or bar with my markers. The Eclipse tape image was fussy cut and layered over the images. Post-it notes were layered over the "wood".

Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink was sponged over the masks to create a colored background. Then Scattered Straw Distress ink was sponged over the Quatrefoil stencil by The Crafter's Workshop. I let this dry for a bit, then edged the piece with Black Soot Distress ink.

I lifted up the masks and the head and torso of the OSC was painted with a very thick layer of Goosebumps Texture Spray. I just opened the top and painted it on. I let it set for a bit, then added Glossy Accents to her eyes and to the martini glass. I glanced down at my table and noticed that the QuicKutz die included an olive and a toothpick. Those were colored with Copic markers and the olive was treated to a layer of Glossy Accents.

Then I went and had dinner with my husband. The mushroom pizza, Zinfandel, and fresh salad (using lettuce and radishes from my first CSA basket) were yummy. While I was enjoying this repast, the Glossy Accents and Goosebumps were busy drying and curing.

After dinner and a nice surf on the Internet, I withdrew to my craft room to continue with my card. The image panel was matted with shimmery black paper, which I also used with the Party Glasses Poppy Stamps die to die cut tiny cute martini glasses. The die that I used has the martini glass, a champagne flute, two wine glasses, and a margarita glass. All tiny. All adorable.

After searching through my rather large stash of 6x6 pads, I settled on a sheet of blue/gold dot paper from Bo-Bunny's Double Dots Very Vintage 6x6 pad. The colors worked well with the colored image and the polka dots pattern didn't overpower the card. I must say that Bo-Bunny's Double Dots pads are so very versatile. I love that there are several different pads, such as Double Dots Natural Necessities, Double Dots Bold & Brights, and Double Dots Soft Shades.

I stamped the sentiment by justjohanna/Odd Bird Planet onto a leftover piece of stenciled cardstock, then die cut it using a Spellbinders Ribbon Label die. The satin-finish martini glass ribbon is from Michael's and was in the clearance bin! Score!!! The card was assembled and I called it done.

Here's a slightly blurry close-up to show the dimension, texture, and shine created with the Goosebumps and Glossy Accents.


Thanks for visiting today!

Copic markers used:
OSC: B60, B63, B66, RV000, RV00, RV91, RV93, YG21, YG23
Little Dude: E00,E11, E81, E84, E87, R24,R39, Y23, G40, G82
Martini Glass: BG90, T1, T2, BG000
Wood Floor/Bar: E21, E23, E25, E29
Olives: YG93, YG97, R24

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
As You Like It Challenges #1: Favorite Die Cut or Punch
Cute Card Thursday #268: Something Blue
Divas By Design: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I would like some sparkly liquor and I would also like to hear you chortle maniacally. Not necessarily in that order of course! He is funny though and love the table you drew in, you are so darn talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, excellent glossiness and texture! You always have such interesting additions to your creations and I'm in awe of how you manage to explain everything in such great detail. Love the oddness and quirkiness of that dude :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image, Kathi! It is too, too, funny! Really love how you colored it, gave it dimension and shine, and used the die cuts! Just so cool! Love the papers, too! Crazy lady, crazy card! No wonder I love it! ;^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete