Sunday, July 21, 2013

Take the High Road

That's exactly what this Steampunk Ladybug, named Fancy Free, is doing. She's walking in the clouds and when she gets tired, she can switch on the power from her dirigible!

























Fancy Free is from SCACD's  new MechAnimals Collection. She was stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers, which were also used to color the cloudy sky. I decided to make it a really cloudy day and made my clouds much darker than usual, perhaps because I was hoping it would rain and end this infernal heat wave. I also decided to include some gears in my clouds to reinforce the Steampunk feeling. The gears are Alterations die cuts, which were traced into the clouds using Copic markers. The color of the sky was an accident, but I can live with it since it's sort of that weird greeny greyish blue that sometimes accompanies a storm.

We never did get the thunderstorm or the break in the weather. *sigh* Po' po' me. Confined to my house in the AC because I don't like heat and humidity.

Anyway, I decided to keep the design fairly CAS and embossed white cardstock using a Gears Texture Fade. The sentiment is from a really old PSX set. It was stamped using Satin Red VersaFine ink and die cut using a Spellbinders die. Red and black polka dotted ribbon was used under the sentiment.

I added some gear diecuts, which were cut into quarters to the top corners of the stamped panel, then finished the card with small Prima gears and metal nail head thingies.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Ruby's Rainbow Challenge #58: Recipe -- Ribbon, Embossing, Create your own background
Milk Coffee Challenge: Emboss It
The Squirrel and The Fox Challenge #48: Use Something Spooled
My Sheri Crafts Challenge #115: Let's Take a Trip

9 comments:

  1. I love the steampunk gears in the clouds! And if I could send some rain your way I would, we have gotten it almost every day and I am OVER it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your is so incredibly cool and sweet and funny at the same time! GREAT job!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Kathi! Love the sky and the fun image! Terrific coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Great coloring & design; and those clouds are just fantastic--really love the gears in them! And your sentiment is just perfect! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow

    Hugs Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your steampunk card -- too FUN!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us @ My Sheri Crafts Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous image! I love the ladybird's little boots, and I want a Steampunk airship like that, too!! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card certainly spoke to my Steampunk heart! I love the gear clouds and the little story behind the ladybug's dirigible. :-D Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh cute cute card! I love this image and wonderful job with the colors and embellishments

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete