Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bombshell's November Hump Day Hop

It's the last Wednesday of the month which means it's time for Bombshell's Hump Day Hop!

This month, Alison, our lovely and talented Challenge Captain has set the theme of Water World! Here's what she had to say about it.

"I want you to incorporate water or water-loving elements into your projects this month!"You should have arrived here from http://www.cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com/

You should have arrived here from Kelli's blog, where you likely saw something altered, creative, and amazing!

Here's my project, using Bombshell's Mermaid Anchor rubber stamp set

I positioned the mermaid and the two dolphin stamps on my acrylic block, inked them with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, then stamped the images onto Neenah cardstock. I colored the images with Copic markers, then added some Clear Wink of Stella glitter pen to the mermaid's tail. I also added a few layers of Clear Gelly Glaze pen to both dolphins to make them look wet and slippery! Realism is everything, don'tcha think?

The cloudy sky was created and colored with Copic markers per my tutorial that appeared last Friday on Bombshell's blog. Here's a link if you want to take a gander, or a goose, or best yet, a look!

The sea was also colored, but then I decided to use vellum to make it look as though the lower part of the mermaid and her anchor were below the water line. I tore the tops of two sheets, then layered them over the stamped and colored panel. The vellum was attached with my Tiny Attacher stapler at the bottom and with colored twine that was threaded through punched holes on either side of the mermaid.

The staples were covered with a ribbon, a die-cut (QuicKutz) with a sentiment (from justjohanna's Odd Bird Planet) stamped onto it, and some more of that twine.

My Inkssentials White Gel pen was used to add some splashy drippy marks issuing from the dolphins' fins and tails. I went a bit overboard (giggling at my bad joke) with the white pen, but once it's on, it's on for good. *sigh*

I decided to keep the design simple and just matted the card and added some QuicKutz die-cut photo corners to the top corners.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful holiday if you're celebrating!

If you've gotten lost along the way or stopped here first...
here's the complete hop list!
Bombshell Blog
Alison
Kim
Alaine
Leslie
Glittery Katie
Kas
Stempelientje
Marnie
Kelli

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love it and your clouds are again totally AMAZBALLS(hmmm can I say that?) It's hard to squeal like a giddy schoolgirl in a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Kathi !!! Really well done !! Bises! Coco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! Very clever water effect and the slippery dolphins! Wish I could do clouds like that too.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card as always! I love your coloring and those clouds are fantastic. Nice choice of sentiment too! I like the mix of ribbon and twine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Over the top awesome! The vellum is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahoy..totally lifting this whole concept for a card. Yep love it that much. Thanx for using the dolphins in a "realistic" way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say the vellum idea is brilliant? Love this card and all of the tiny details which you are so good at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb the vellum you have used as water! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you've used the Mermaid- so playful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I love the jumping dolphins, and that she is half out of the water (does that make me a positive or negative person...half out???). Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathi, this is really clever! Love the scene you created, love your coloring, love the matting. But most of all, I love the vellum you added to make it appear she is actually in the water! Too cool! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete