Monday, February 16, 2015

Bee Mine!

Belated wishes for a happy Valentine's Day! I hope you were able to enjoy time with those you love, doing what you love.

I love Steampunk and I love stamping so when the occasion arises where I can mix the two, I'm a happy me.

 SCACD's Steampunk Heart and Bee Ware, one of SCACD's new rubber stamps, were used to create this Bee Mine card, which was actually ready in time for Valentine's Day!


 
Steampunk Heart and Bee Ware were both stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto Neenah cardstock then colored with Copic markers. Usually, dirty markers are annoying and the shiny gloopy look makes me junk the project. However, this time I liked the look created by my dirty Y26 marker. The build-up made the gold looked tarnished which added to the overall Steampunky look of the bee.

Clear Gelly Roll Glaze pen was used on Bee Ware's eyepiece, rivets, and screws as well as the rim and screws of the Steampunk Heart. The Glaze pen adds glassy shine and dimension and is one of my most often-used products!

Bee Ware's mandibles were cut free from the background. The Steampunk Heart was fussy-cut and edged with a black marker. Both the image panel and the heart were set aside while I worked on the rest of the card.

Black metallic cardstock (Recollections) was die-cut twice with the Steampunk Corner (Memory Box). Additional gears were cut from gold and silver metallic cardstock (Recollections) using the Deluxe Gear die set (Memory Box), the Antique Gear die set (Memory Box), and with Mini Gears (Memory Box). You might be able to tell by reading the preceding (Ha! That rhymes!) that I have quite a few gear dies. I did tell you that I do love Steampunk, though of course, there's more to Steampunk than just gears!

A 5" x 7" card was created from gold metallic cardstock (Recollections). The two Steampunk Corner die-cuts were adhered to opposite corners. The image panel was double matted with metallic cardstock, adhered over the Steampunk Corner die-cuts, and the Steampunk Heart was inserted under Bee Ware's mandibles. Some of the additional gear die-cuts were added to the top right corner of the card, overlapping the corner of the image panel.

The sentiment was die-cut from black metallic cardstock using Alphabet Typewriter UC and LC (Impression Obsession). The sentiment was adhered to the lower left corner of the card. A tiny heart punchie, with a Mini Gears die-cut inside it, was used to dot the "i".

By the way, both Bee Ware and Steampunk Heart are also available as digital stamps.

Thanks for visiting today!


I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Crafting for all Seasons: Have a Heart  
The Crafter's Cafe Challenges: Hearts
Southern Girls Challenges: Things with Wings 
Sentimental Sundays: Valentine's Day plus a Sentiment
Corrosive Challenges: Things with Wings

7 comments:

  1. This is totally awesome!! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image! Great Valentine! Thanks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge Blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teehee. Sometimes I am a poet, but I don't know it, though my feet show it, because they are Longfellows. Hardeharharhar...
    Love this punky creation! Great use of an image, die cuts, and markers, dirty or otherwise! Really cool card, Kathi! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for playing along at The Crafter's Cafe.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this on the Sentimental Sunday blog! This is super cool- I've never had much luck with Steampunk, but after seeing your card, I'd be willing to give it a try! The coloring of the bee is awesome- great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love steampunk! And I think your card is awesome!!! Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete