Saturday, July 4, 2015

Alice in Wonderland Blog Hop!



Today we are celebrating the 150th Anniversary of Alice in Wonderland. What better way to do that than to share lots of creative projects inspired by this wonderful story?

Not only will you see lots of amazing artwork today, but you can also win prizes from the following amazing companies:







Prize winners will be selected from Random blogs throughout the hop using Random.org to select each winner.  In order to be eligible for a prize you must visit all stops on the hop and leave a comment. The prize draws will be open until July 18th, with winners announced on July 20th.

You should have arrived here from Julie W S's blog where I'm sure you saw something absolutely terrific!

Here's my Alice in Wonderland inspired project.



I've used several Vera Lane Studio Digital Stamps, namely Alice and the White Rabbit from the Alice and the Rabbit Wonderland set, the Queen of Hearts from the Quirky Queen of Hearts set, the Mad Hatter from the Mad Hatter set.

The characters were resized, grouped in PhotoElements, reduced as a group, printed out onto Neenah cardstock with my laser printer, then colored with Copic markers. Their eyes, Alice's skull, White Rabbit's horn, nose, teeth, armbone, the Queen of Hearts' crown, and the Mad Hatter's teeth and shoes were all coated with several layers of Clear Gelly Glaze pen (Sakura) to make 'em dimensional and shiny. The blood drips were coated with a  layer of Red Gelly Glaze pen (Sakura) to add some additional ick factor. Don't you think that "The Ick Factor" would be a great name for a reality show?  The Queen's heart became a jeweled brooch due to Red Stardust Glitter pen (Sakura), Garnet Spica Glitter pen (Copic), and several layers of Clear Gelly Glaze pen (Sakura).

Here's a close-up so you can see what my beloved Clear Gelly Glaze pen does!


I should mention that I added the red capillaries to the eyes of both Alice and the White Rabbit and added pupils to the Queen and the Hatter. I added some clubs, spades, hearts, and diamonds to the Hatter's tie.
 
The patterned paper is from the Destinations Paper Stash (Tim Holtz/Idea-ology). The edges were sponged with Watering Can Archival ink (Ranger). 

Red adhesive cardstock (QuicKutz) was die-cut with the Season's Greetings die (Impression Obsession). "From" was die-cut from yellow adhesive cardstock with the A Hint of Lime font (Die-Versions). "Zombie" was die-cut from green adhesive cardstock with the Alphabet Typewriter UC die (Impression Obsession). "Wonderland" was die-cut from blue adhesive cardstock with the Eliza Mini font set (QuicKutz). Looking at the card now, I probably should have stayed with just red and blue cardstock. Oh well. It's done and done is good.

I was going to add some other stuff to the card, but I decided that more stuff would be too much stuff. "Less is more" and all that. KWIM?

Now that you've seen my project, your next stop on the hop is Karen's blog and I'm sure you'll find something totally wonderful there! If you get lost, the blog hop list is below!

Thanks for visiting today!


Blog Hop List

30 comments:

  1. Wow oh wow, stunning project for the hop. I am now following you, would love you to follow me too
    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am going to have to get these images after seeing them so many times today!! Love your project - great colouring! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all four of them and good backdrop to card has a vintage feel well done - Harp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colouring and a cool project!! Smiles.

    Hugs,
    Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.... Well that is one image that makes you pause, and then run away, lol.
    I love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoL :-D That is soooo brilliant and awesome colouring too :-D

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these little zombie characters and cute project

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so funny, great colouring

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely use of this wonderful image! Awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card. Such a wonderful blog hop. So much fun. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool, Kathi! Love how you colored the images, as well as your fun design & sentiment! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job!! The card is so cool!! Kemly Sc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these Vera Lane images! Great background too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME! Love what you did, what you added, and your coloring.

    Kim
    {Craftisan Studios}
    Design Team Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore your FABULOUS card Kathi!!!! And I also love the effect of your gel glaze pens.. and your idea to add read capillaries to your bulging eyes, so clever and fun!.. There's so much lovely details to see.
    And as usual, reading you with all the techniques you used is very interesting for me, thanks a lot for taking the time to do it dear Kathi. Although I still don't use any digi stamps (even if I'm a bit tempted sometimes to buy digi when they are so much fun and unique like these ones!, I'm not equipped to work with digi images, I have no photo software, no specific printing paper good for coloring next, no copics, ..). But that remains great to read how you work with, thanks! Big hugs, Coco
    (PS: And sorry to have had no time to reply to your kind invitation to do the blog hop, I wish I could join in but there was not just enough time to communicate and play along..)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ADORE these images and will be buying them for sure. LOVE your coloring and fab die cut sentiment. AMAZING! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so love VLS images. You've certainly done them justice here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooo so fun! love them to bits. wonderful project!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just adore your creation! I was wondering where your die cut fonts were from. Now I know. Fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great project, love the images and they are beautifully colored. Zombie Wonderland made me LOL Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. these vera lane digis are fantastically quirky, love what you've done with them! xo

    ReplyDelete